Graphic Sign Designer
- Designs production-realistic concepts, mockups, renderings and drawings in 2D and 3D perspectives to win business, wow customers, and inform production and installation teams
- Prepares comprehensive illustrations, sketches, layouts, and copy for print reproduction according to instructions of client or supervisor.
- Reviews production layout and suggests improvements as needed.
- Enters commands to arrange layout according to aesthetic standards, layout specifications, and customer requirements.
- Prepares sample of finished layout and presents sample to supervisor for approval.
- Creates separations, vignettes, chokes, spreads, and dropouts as required.
- Prepare contour cut paths, design and/or create vector images
- Alters illustrations to enlarge, reduce, or clarify image
- Prepares notes and instructions for workers who assemble and prepare signs and graphics
- Increases knowledge of computer graphic design through reading trade publications and independent study.
- Process files for RIP software, navigate RIP settings
- Design, review and generate conceptual and computer graphic designs using the Adobe Creative Cloud (i.e., Illustrator, Photoshop, In-Design, etc.) for a variety of projects, materials, and surfaces.
- Work with client logos, create collateral, custom signage, and environmental graphics for multiple projects simultaneously
Skills and Qualifications
- College degree in Graphic Design (specifically BS or BFA).
- Prior graphic design experience is required. Knowledge and proven experience with current creative and production software including Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design, etc.
- Strong conceptual design skills and sense of style.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong ability to multi-task, pay attention to details, manage fluctuating priorities and work fast and efficiently.
- Ability to tell a compelling story graphically and adhere to strict brand standards on behalf of clients.
- Understanding of corporate brands, layout, color theory, typography (print and digital)
- Strategic, creative thinking, ability to brainstorm.
You’ll fit our team if you have the following attributes:
- overall personality alignment with our company values: Drive, Awareness, Responsibility, Clarity, Integrity
- genuine and consistent positive attitude; team player
- fascination with challenge
- passion, vigor and openness to learning new techniques
- receptive to feedback and criticism
- passion to exceed expectations
- clean driving record and reliable transportation
- desire to contribute to organizational growth and expansion
Generous compensation and benefits package including numerous holidays, PTO, and medical benefits (for full-time employees).
2154 N. Center St., Suite B-202
North Charleston, SC 29406
Rise Above Sign & Graphics
Fill out the form below or email your resume to email@example.com.
We consider applications for full time, part time, as-needed, and sub-contractor status.