Commercial Real Estate Signs
Commercial real estate professionals have different signage needs than those in the residential field. The signage required is often larger, more eye-catching, and durable to the elements. Every commercial real estate professional has a choice to make when it comes to signage material – which ultimately determines the price they pay, the quality of the sign, and the level of durability achieved. We offer MDO Signs (medium density overlay panel), AlumaCore Signs, ACM Signs (like Di-Bond, and Max Metal), and Coroplast Signs.
We provide top-tier service every step of the way
design | print | mount | paint | install
Commercial Real Estate Sign Sizes
No matter the sign material, each can be custom-created to any size, with corners rounded or left squared. The standard sizes for commercial real estate signs is either 96″ x 48″ (8′ x 4′), or 48″ x 48″ (4′ x 4′).
Want to reach an audience in multiple directions? Ask us about double-sided or v-panel commercial real estate signs.
Commercial Real Estate Sign Design
We apply digitally printed graphics and cut vinyl to any sign type to create the look and feel you desire. If you’d like us to handle the painting of the posts, we can color match to maintain brand consistency. ACM and Alumacore signs come in silver, white, or black finishes – with the silver options being available in a brushed or polished finish.
Sign Installation & Maintenance
We manage the installation of commercial real estate signs when possible for an additional fee. For specific customers, we offer a special partnership that includes the production, installation, and maintenance of the signs.
We want to be YOUR commercial real estate signage partner and offer competitive discounts on multi-order customers. Our promise is to work with you to deliver the best product possible.
Please fill out the form below to contact our team about your project. We will return your query within 24 hours.
Types of Commercial Real Estate Signs
AlumaCore signs are what we recommend over any other commercial real estate sign material. These signs have a core made of lightweight coroplast with a piece of aluminum fixed to each side. This combination provides the professional and clean look of an aluminum sign with the light weight of a coroplast sign. AlumaCore signs are extremely rigid, lightweight, and professional. You can’t go wrong with choosing this product for your commercial real estate sign.
AlumaCore Sign Features:
- High-end appearance
- Very easy to transport
- Offers the best combination of rigidity, durability, and weight possible
- Rust, rot, and weather resistant
- More durable than ACM alternative
- Aluminum on each side can be ¼” or ½” – each offering different weights and durability (especially in wind)
Bottom Line: AlumaCore signs are the lightest-weight aluminum-faced sign available. We highly recommend this material for any large (4′ x 8′) commercial real estate signs.
Coroplast signs are the least expensive sign option for real estate professionals. This is mainly due to the relatively fragile makeup of the material. Because these signs are only plastic, they are typically not going to hold up to rough care or high winds. If you want to have a coroplast sign, but increase the durability of it, we provide materials that you can affix to the coroplast to increase it’s rigidity. We call this our economy option.
Coroplast Sign Features:
- Lightweight and inexpensive
- Easy to make into custom shapes and sizes
- Easy to maneuver
- Long lasting in interior and calm-weathered settings
- Water and rot resistant
Bottom Line: Coroplast signs are the cheapest option often available due to their lack of durability – however, they are weather-resistant and easy to maneuver/install. Contact us if you want to learn more about our kits that increase coroplast signs’ durability.
MDO Signs (Marine-grade Plywood)
MDO (medium density overlay) signs are the most common type of commercial real estate sign used in the industry. The factory-made material is heavy, durable, and weather-resistant. These signs often last extremely long periods of time, however, are more difficult to maneuver and manage due to their weight.
MDO Sign Features:
- Smooth wood finish
- Typically measure ½” in thickness
- Rot-resistant and weather-durable
- Very wind resistant
- Easy to mount due to rigidity
- High-strength screw-holding if needed
Bottom Line: MDO signs are an excellent option if you are looking for the most durable, heavy sign possible.
ACM Signs (Like Di-Bond Signs)
ACM (aluminum composite material) signs are made with an aluminum face fixed to both sides of a solid plastic core. Although similar products, AlumaCore and ACM differ in rigidity and durability. At larger sizes, like 4′ x 8′, ACM signs are less rigid and less durable than AlumaCore signs and can flex in the elements. They are a great option for 4′ x 4′ commercial real estate signs.
ACM Sign Features:
- 4’ x 8’ sign weighs just over 30 pounds
- High range of finishes – great for corporate branding needs
- 1/8” aluminum is extremely lightweight and easy to maneuver and install – be careful when handling as the material can bend and break.
- Rust, rot, and weather resistant
Bottom Line: ACM signs are less expensive than AlumaCore, but can flex and bend more easily due to the solid plastic core. We recommend this material for 4′ x 4′ commercial real estate signs.
We’d love to be your commercial real estate signage partner.
Please fill out the form below and we’ll contact you about your project.
Commercial Real Estate Signage Tips
- Real estate signs should have your contact information in an easy-to-read location.
- The sign should be large enough for the location, and colored to be eye-catching.
- Attach a brochure box if you’d like passerbys to learn more about the property. We can provide the hardware for this.
- When transporting any sign, you should take care of the graphics. Although these signs are all-weather, water, rot, and rust resistant, they are not resistant to directly impact from sharp or hard objects. Lay down a towel, blanket, or another soft object before laying down real estate signs. When stacking multiple signs, place a soft, flat object between each.
- Commercial real estate signs are large. Even if you get the most rigid, durable sign, you should take care to handle appropriately. Try to move both sides at the same time. If you twist and turn one side of the sign while the other remains fixed, you could bend and damage the sign or, more likely, the graphics on the sign.
- If you are installing the sign, be wary that the added weight of 4” x 4” sign legs will add substantial amounts of weight to both sides of the sign (especially on the ACM, Alumicore, and even Composite Aluminum options).