Your Charleston Sign Company
Rise Above Sign and Graphics is a locally owned full-service sign shop in North Charleston. We have over 80 years of combined sign production and installation experience, and are dedicated to serving the Charleston area with guaranteed customer satisfaction.
Holy City Remedy
increase visibility with quality custom signs
A custom sign is like a salesperson who never sleeps. Attract new clients to your business day or night, year after year, with eye-catching exterior signage.
Types of Signs We Make
Leaving your mark on your community has never been easier. When it comes to helping you create an exceptional brand for your business, the possibilities are endless. Some of our most popular sign options include:
- Backlit Displays: A sign made by adhering a graphic to clear material and shining a light through it from behind, like the signs that promote current or upcoming movies at a theater.
- Banners: Great for temporary messaging, but not the best long-term solution because they are designed to be permanent and may not be up to code if left up for an extended period of time.
- Channel Letters: Three-dimensional letters that can be lit from the front or back to draw attention to the exterior of your business.
- Aluminum Composite Signs: An economical way to ensure your company doesn’t get missed by passersby.
- Digital Sign Boards: Share an ever-changing message with digital lettering and graphics.
- Dimensional Letters: Can be made from a variety of materials and installed on the interior or exterior of your building.
- Foam Board Signs: Lightweight and easy to install; best for interior signs.
- Illuminated Sign Cabinets: A lit sign that allows you to change your messaging without installing a whole new sign.
- Real Estate Signs: Signage for both commercial and residential real estate companies that ranges from portable to semi-permanent.
- Routed Signs: Create a completely custom sign from a variety of materials and finishes to make your business memorable.
- Window Graphics: Clear, frosted or opaque, designed to attract attention of people walking by with minimal cost or installation.
- Yard Signs: Announce events with temporary, personalized signs that won’t break the bank.
Even if you don’t see the type of sign you’re looking for, we can most likely create it for you, no matter the size or scale.
Why you need a business sign in Charleston
First impressions matter, and believe it or not, when your customers recommend your business to a friend, one of the first things they will mention is the physical environment of your business. With the Charleston area being as beautiful as it is, it can be harder for you to stand out. If your signage isn’t top-notch, customers may end up looking at your competitors instead.
The more recognition your brand has, the easier it is to connect with consumers. Great signage that effectively reflects your brand and resonates with customers results in repeat purchases and a greater market share.
Not only are good signs and graphics instrumental to your business, they are also one of the most cost-effective marketing tools available. After a one-time purchase, your signs will continue to work for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Compared to other forms of advertising and marketing that require almost constant spending, there isn’t another tool out there that will work as hard or give you as much exposure as a good sign.
Additionally, signs can be used as your silent sales people. Exterior signs help draw attention to your business. If you are a retailer, you want tourists walking along the streets of Downtown Charleston to be attracted by your eye-catching signs and intrigued enough to see what you offer.
Interior signs help customers locate merchandise, advertise a promotion, and lead to unplanned purchases when strategically placed. The third point is often overlooked, but is very important, since the U.S. Small Business Administration estimates between 20% and 45% of sales come from impulse buys.
Signage is not just an important marketing tool. It also plays a huge role in your customer’s overall experience. You want the customer experience to be as seamless as possible, and this includes guiding visitors with directional signage both inside and outside of the business. Utilizing clear, effective wayfinding signage can direct customers and employees to information desks or restrooms, and provide warnings when entering dangerous or restricted areas. To provide clear directions to all of your visitors, signs should also be ADA-compliant.
The reasons why you need a good sign for your business in the Charleston area are endless. We can ensure you have the right signs to attract, direct, and delight your customers.
Creating a memorable sign is only half of the battle. It doesn’t matter how unique it is if it is sitting on the floor where no one sees it. While some companies only fabricate signs, we offer professional installation for every sign we make, regardless of the location or the material it’s being installed on.
We are proud to own our very own bucket truck, which allows us to handle many elevated installations. For even higher elevations, we can bring in cranes and other equipment needed to get the job done.
Do we only make signs in Charleston, SC?
The answer is no. We call Charleston home, but our work spans the U.S. If you are further away, we can either design and fabricate your sign remotely and ship it, or we can come to you for a consultation and installation.
We also do more than signs. Our other graphics services include floor decals, boat and vehicle wraps and magnets, complete tradeshow displays, wall murals, art and decor, gallery-wrapped canvas, and acrylic prints.